Have you ever played “awesome mom” and made pancakes in cute little shapes? Mickey Mouse? Snowmen? (And even hearts if you felt really ambitious.)
My kids are no longer impressed by any of those.
They’ll only eat buttcakes. Lucky for you, I’m in the sharing mood. My first crappy recipe!
Buttcakes Recipe, serves exactly however many you make
1. Make your usual pancake mix. It could have flax meal in it. It could be vegan. It could be made with rice flour. It could be from a box from the store. It doesn’t matter. Buttcakes are flexible and forgiving.
2. Pour a dollop of mix in the pan as though you are making normal, boring, stupid pancakes.
3. Quickly pour a second, equally sized one right next to it. They should fuse together in the center. Like a venn diagram*.
4. Proceed normally like it is a regular, boring, stupid pancake. You know, flip it on time and stuff. Don’t burn it!
5. Done! Serve on a plate with a sense of humor.
6. Pairings: maple syrup is classic but add chocolate chips for bonus gross/coolness points. You know why. (Use chocolate for breakfast with caution. Many children do not know that this is legal.)
*This is a venn diagram:
Nutritional Facts: Buttcakes are just as nutritious as other shapes.
Good luck & happy crappy cooking!