Everyone knows what a movie trailer is, right? The preview?
Apparently, people make these for books. Except it is called a book trailer. You talk about the book and give people a taste of what it is all about.
So being a DIYer at heart, I told my publisher I’d make my own. Animated.
Except that I didn’t know how to animate. At all. (So I googled it.)
But I also didn’t have any ideas for the video. At all. (So I asked my kids. And recorded it.)
And then I stayed up entirely too late and made this crappy video.
The Unofficial Crappy Book Trailer
There is just one problem with this utterly superb work of animation.
It has absolutely nothing to do with the book.
Fortunately, my lovely publisher bailed me out and made this awesome video that actually happens to be about the book! (And I narrated it.)
The Official Crappy Book Trailer
(The “behind-the-scenes” making of this video included a hilarious phone conversation with myself and my publisher’s digital content manager about whether there was “too much penis” in the first batch of images we picked. So we narrowed it down to the peacock. They are good people over there, by the way. I’m really fortunate to be working with such a supportive and fun publishing team.)
Oh and in case the poop monster sealed the deal, here is where you can pre-order, just click the logos:
Also, 75% of the bookplate stickers are spoken for. So doing math, that leaves just 25% left. Thank you for pre-ordering, it means the world!!!